The Buddee Bag Program is a way to create smiles for children and allow them to focus on something other than their disabilities and health challenges. The Buddee bags are given to kids receiving treatment such as dialysis or facing a chronic illness, an extended stay at the hospital and essentials for the adaptive biking program and social engagements. We originally offered Buddee Bags to children just at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, but we have quickly come to find that the need is present across all of the programs and services we offer.
Our Menu of Buddee Bags
- Coloring books, crayons, small puzzles, crossword puzzles, playing cards, wigit toys, games, stuffed animals, kidney pillows,
- Notebooks and pens for doodling and keeping notes
- Phone chargers
- Gift cards to Starbucks or local Restaurants, Children's Hospital gift shop gift cards
- Printed pillowcases (sports, cartoons, flowers, smiley faces, etc.)
- Window clings for inside hospital room
- Items are picked based on season . . . winter, Valentines Day, Spring, Summer, Halloween
- Water Bottles
- Wind Mills
Recruiting Buddee Bag Helpers
Always B Smiling is looking for Buddee Bag helpers to help build our bags.
- Looking to host an interactive and fun fundraising event? Buddee Bags make a great event! Always B Smiling will provide the bags and the details to make your event a success.
- You can help with item donations or monetary donations that would allow Always B Smiling to purchase the items on your behalf.
- Are you crafty? Always B Smiling could use blankets, bandanas and pillowcases for donations.
- Click on the button below to sign up!
"Always B Smiling, thank you very much, the help your foundation has provided for my family has been such a blessing and right on time."
“On the hardest day of a patient’s life, your giving offers help and hope.”
- Children’s Hospital Nephrology department -
“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”